The Official GradGov Blog
Check out our blog to find official GradGov statements on issues relevant to the graduate student body, recaps of our recent events, and updates on our advocacy issues.
Graduate Student Government would like to formally invite you to our annual fall Boat Cruise! Join us on Friday 9/16 for a night on the Potomac with an open bar and hors d'oeurvres.
Please refer to your Georgetown email for a message from GradGov that includes the private link to the Eventbrite page where you can purchase tickets using the password "GradGov"
Main campus and Medical Center graduate tickets are available for $40 each. A limited number of significant other tickets are available for $50 each.
Please know that while we did get the biggest boat available to us, it has a maximum capacity of about 300 people, and tickets sell out fast! (Hopefully you clicked on the link and already bought your ticket before even reading this far).
Friday, September 16th
- The boat will depart at 9:00 pm and return to the dock at midnight.
- Boarding begins at 8:45 pm
- Check in begins on the dock at 8:00 pm
The Potomac Riverboat Company
105 North Union Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
(Boarding the Cherry Blossom boat)
Music. Dancing. Booze. Food. The Potomac River. Boats are SO cool. Grad students are even cooler. All of the above and then some.
Some important logistical details:
- Please be prepared to show your GU ID upon boarding the boat
- You must print your ticket
- Significant others must show ID with a name that matches the ticket
- Be prepared to present your ID to bartenders on the boat
- The captain has the right to search any guests and bags/purses brought onto the boat
- No one under the age of 21 is allowed on the boat cruise
Find us on Facebook and make sure to attend the event by clicking here created by the Graduate Student Government page (because we know you all want to creep and see who all is going to be there).
We encourage you all to dress up in your classiest attire and come ready for a good time!